Grilled Tequila Marinated Steak with all the trimming to make Mexican Fajitas is a big party favorite at our casa. We like to have a few friends over about once a week. During the early evening I like to grill up a light meal to serve with the wine, cerveza and fresh fruit juice being served. Grilled Tequila Marinated Steak needs some time for the marinate to do its thing so this is one I preplan according to the guest list.
For Garnishes I offer one or two different salsas, usually a red and a green, Guacamole, as
well as sliced avocados, and sour cream.
When we can get sweet corn, which is not often here in Mexico, I will also grill corn on the cob and serve as a side dish along with butter, mayo, parmesan cheese, and ground chili powder.
Summer is upon us and it is time to start planning those outdoor cookouts. This is a recipe that you can change up a little and make it your own.
Quick Marinade if you are only cooking for one or two and you are going to enjoy the Grilled tequila marinated steak with other foods
Juice from 2 limes, 1/2 cup tequila, 3 cloves of garlic minced, 3 tsp cooking oil.
Mix the marinade together then follow the steps listed above leaving out the bell peppers and sweet onion.
- 1½ pounds of flank steak or steak of your choice
- ½ cup fresh lime juice
- ½ cup tequila, blanco
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp. finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tbsp. cooking oil of your choice
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 2 large green bell peppers, seeded, sliced into thin strips
- 2 large red bell peppers, seeded, sliced into thin strips
- 1 large sweet onion sliced into thin strips
- 10 flour tortillas (corn tortillas are an options)
- Stir together the lime juice, tequila, garlic, cilantro, salt, pepper and cooking oil.
- Place the steak along with half of the marinate in a large zip-lock bag.
- Place the onions and bell peppers along with the remaining marinate in another zip-log bag,
- Seal the bags and place in the refrigerator for from 6 to 8 hours, turning occasionally.
- Coat the grill rack with cooking oil. Remove the steak from the marinate and grill for about 8 minutes per side.
- While the steak is grilling, sautee the vegetables in a pan that has been coated lightly with cooking oil until they are soft.
- Remove the vegetables and the steak from the heat.
- Keep the vegetables warm while the steak is resting for about 8 to 10 minutes.
- while the steak is resting warm the tortillas
- Slice the steak, and serve on a platter with the vegetables and warm tortillas.